How to make June Bloom Pattern Quilt Blanket
- Work on a vertical surface - which allows you to walk away and get a better perspective on what you are working on.
- You need a drafting table that has a piece of foam core on it. This will hold your foundation panel steady and allow you to stick pins in it.
- The foundation panel: choose the pattern (you can use this picture and print it to the size you want)
This pattern is called Bloom
- A pair of scissors
- An iron
- Fabric (different colors from light to dark)
Chosse the dark green color to make the background
Lighter green for the leaves
Yellow, orange and pink for the flowers
- A method to adhere your fabric to your foundation panel
Example: Lite Steam-A-Seam2, Glue, Fabric Fusion...
3. Making process
Step 1: Prepare fabric with Steam a Seam
- Peel back the Steam a seam paper and expose the temporary adhesive
- Lay your fabric and press it down on to the adhesive side of the Steam a seam paper
- Lay this paper down and press very lightly with the dry iron to make sure that your fabric has been adhered to the steam a seam.
- Do the same with all the fabric
Cut your fabric into smaller pieces
Step 3: Stick all the fabric to the foundation panel
Starting with the background: stick all the dark green fabric to the black part
Cut the fabric that fit with the edge.
- Iron the background part
Do the same with the other parts
Secondly the leaves: use the light green color fabric
Thirdly, the flowers: use yellow, orange, pink color
Step 4: Use a steam iron to stick the fabric permanently
Step 5: Quilt the fabric
Step 6: Finish the edges
Stick the fabric to all the edges and iron them
Step 7: Complete the back
Use the ribbon to cover all the edge
And here is the result:
This Bloom Quilt Blanket is available now so that you can buy here: https://charmingtribe.com/products/cla0710001qb
We are currently in the process of making a kit including all the materials and a step by step instruction so that you can easy to follow and make this quilt blanket.
We hope you'll love it!